This year marks UC San Francisco’s 150 –year anniversary since its founding as a medical school in 1864. Michael Moore, who graduated from UCSF’s PT curriculum in 1975, has been invited to speak at the upcoming special anniversary Alumni Weekend for UCSF graduates. Michael will present “Persistence in Progressing Patients in Chronic Pain: An OMT/PNF Approach” on May 31, 2014 at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco.
Michael Moore and Tim McGonigle were guest speakers at the Integrative Health for Pain Relief conference in Maui, Hawaii April 3-6, 2014. Put on by the UC Davis Division of Pain Medicine, the conference’s objective was to provide evidence on complementary and alternative medicine approaches to pain relief. Michael and Tim led three workshops illuminating the participants through “Physical Therapy's Role as Part of a Pain Management Team”, emphasizing exercise and mechanics management techniques.
Our mission is to provide unparalleled quality of care and cost effective support for our patients in a work environment that encourages cooperation, compassion and creativity among our staff, as well as the highest quality physical therapy continuing education available.
What Sets Us Apart
- A high level of clinical skill achieved through years of experience and specialized training.
- All care is delivered by licensed physical therapists.
- Clinical continuity: each patient is treated by the same therapist each visit.
- Innovative and function-oriented training methods: exercise and training are individualized, creative and non-generic; patients of all ages and pathologies are compassionately pushed to their maximum recoveries.
- Our short, intense exercise classes allow clients to maintain high levels of fitness for years.
A Doctor-Professor answers the old question “What is the single best thing we can do for our health” in a completely new way. Dr. Mike Evans is founder of the Health Design Lab at the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, an Associate Professor of Family Medicine and Public Health at the University of Toronto, and a staff physician at St. Michael's Hospital.