Athletic Rehabilitation and Training Program
Injury prevention and insightful training are key elements of athletic success. At Folsom Physical Therapy, we have an integrated approach to optimizing performance, injury prevention and recovery through musculoskeletal maintenance, exercise and sport specific training.
How do our physical therapists help with athletic training and rehabilitation?
As musculoskeletal and movement experts, our physical therapists are uniquely qualified to assess and address physical and neuromotor deficits that hinder physical performance or predispose an athlete to injury. Through pre-injury intervention, proactively addressing deficits and optimizing your fitness potential, we can work with you to achieve peak performance and longevity.
If an injury has already occurred, your therapist assesses the type and magnitude of the injury, leading to either physical therapy rehabilitation or a referral for additional medical evaluation. Your physical therapist will correct or work with your biomechanical and neuromotor deficits through targeted massage, stretching, strengthening and ergonomic techniques in order to get you back to competition, enhance your performance and prevent further injury.
Folsom Physical Therapy’s Athletic Rehabilitation and Training Program can address:
- Injury prevention and optimizing performance potential
- Ergonomic adjustments to optimize equipment usage/functionality
- General and sport specific flexibility, strengthening, endurance, agility and speed training
- Eye-hand/foot coordination development
- Muscle strains or pulls
- Joint sprains
- Spinal pain
- Body alignment optimization
- Fracture or surgical rehabilitation
Treatments may include:
- Massage, joint mobilization and manual stretching
- Flexibility, strengthening, endurance and motor skills exercises
- Therapeutic thermal and electric modalities (ultrasound, electrical stimulation, heat and ice)
- Taping, bracing and ergonomic adjustments to footwear and athlete/sport specific equipment
- Instruction in self-care
- Development of home, gym or field training programs
Your First Visit
For your first visit, please arrive 15 to 30 minutes early to complete the new patient paperwork. You may also download the intake paperwork and fill it out before you arrive. Please bring the filled-out forms with you to your appointment or email them to email@example.com.
Payment and Insurance Information
The level of service provided at Folsom Physical Therapy (FPT) cannot be delivered within the constraints of the insurance industry. While we are in-network providers for Medicare, FPT is out-of-network with all other insurance carriers.
Self pay clients pay at the time of service and FPT then provides them a superbill to submit to their HSA plan or insurance carrier for reimbursement. Some insurance carriers may require a doctor’s referral to qualify for reimbursement.
Our self pay rates are as follows:
- Initial evaluation: $195
- Initial evaluation with Michael Moore: $225
- Standard follow-up: $125
- Extended follow-up: $190
What Our Clients Say
Folsom Physical Therapy is a great place to heal as well as strengthen to prevent future injuries. I love the exercise classes led by physical therapists. They help keep you safe while adding variety to your workout program. Very knowledgeable, caring staff!
Request an Appointment
Please indicate your availability and preferred therapist, if any, and someone from our appointment desk will get back to you. If you would like to call to book your appointment, our number is (916) 355-8500.