Spinal and Extremity Rehabilitation Program
At Folsom Physical Therapy, we are recognized nationally and internationally for our mastery in spine and extremity treatment and have provided continuing education courses for physical therapists treating musculoskeletal issues since 1981. The goal of our Spinal and Extremity Rehabilitation Program is to help you return to your pre-injury status as quickly as possible.
How do our physical therapists help with spinal and extremity rehabilitation?
The evaluation and treatment of musculoskeletal issues has been the foundation of our practice since opening in the early 1980s. Our expertise is grounded in our extensive exposure to the world’s three predominant musculoskeletal manual treatment and exercise concepts: the Kaltenborn-Evjenth manual therapy concept, the Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation therapeutic exercise concept, and the Maitland manual therapy concept.
During your first appointment, one of our physical therapists will evaluate your involved tissues and movement dysfunctions and then recommend an appropriate treatment plan. Treatment may range from gentle massage to full engagement in a therapeutic exercise program. Once treatment minimizes inflammation and tissue dysfunction, continued hands-on treatment and exercise will begin to restore your overall fitness, mobility, and tolerance for activity.
Folsom Physical Therapy’s Spinal and Extremity Rehabilitation Program can address:
- Spinal pain and disc problems
- Muscle strains or pulls
- Joint sprains
- Postural issues
- Post fracture or surgical rehabilitation
- Loss of functional abilities due to overall reduction in flexibility, strength, balance, agility or endurance
- Injury prevention and optimizing/preserving tolerance for daily activities
- Body alignment optimization
- General and sport flexibility, strengthening, endurance, agility and speed
Treatments may include:
- Massage, joint mobilization and manual stretching
- Flexibility, strengthening, endurance and motor skills exercises
- Therapeutic thermal and electric modalities (ultrasound, electrical stimulation, heat and ice)
- Taping, bracing, or splinting
- Advice regarding daily movements and activities
- Ergonomic advice to optimize comfort and functional abilities of footwear, office, household, car, bed
Your First Visit
For your first visit, please arrive 15 to 30 minutes early to complete the new patient paperwork. You may also download the intake paperwork and fill it out before you arrive. Please bring the filled out forms with you to your appointment or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment and Insurance Information
The level of service provided at Folsom Physical Therapy (FPT) cannot be delivered within the constraints of the insurance industry. While we are in-network providers for Medicare, FPT is out-of-network with all other insurance carriers.
Self pay clients pay at the time of service and FPT then provides them a superbill to submit to their HSA plan or insurance carrier for reimbursement. Some insurance carriers may require a doctor’s referral to qualify for reimbursement.
Our self pay rates are as follows:
- Initial evaluation: $195
- Initial evaluation with Michael Moore: $225
- Standard follow-up: $125
- Extended follow-up: $190
Request an Appointment
Please indicate your availability and preferred therapist, if any, and someone from our appointment desk will get back to you. If you would like to call to book your appointment, our number is (916) 355-8500.