Pain Management Program
Our physical therapists have maintained a close working relationship with the medical staff at the UCD Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management since 2001. Through this unique affiliation, our therapists are well positioned to combine their physical therapy expertise with insightful understanding of medical interventions for pain patients.
How do our physical therapists help with pain management issues?
Prolonged pain conditions may result in painful soft tissue and joint mobility problems, loss of fitness and muscle function, and psychological and social tolls. After assessing your specific presentation, your therapist will design a custom treatment plan to address both the primary source of your pain and its secondary effects.
Individualized treatment may consist of patient education, modalities such as heat or ice, relaxation techniques, hands-on treatment, or return to activity guidance. Once your pain is under control, your physical therapist may encourage participation in our Group and Personal Training Program which provides cost-effective, long term support and management of difficult pain issues. Angie Blaikie, MPT is our certified theraputic pain specialist.
Folsom Physical Therapy’s Pain Management Program can address:
- Pain conditions resulting from damaged or worn out spinal discs and joints
- Pain conditions resulting from damaged or worn out extremity joints, tendons, bursas and muscles
- Orthopedic or other post-surgical pain
- Discomfort from posture and frequently performed activities
- Discomfort from underuse or overuse of muscles, joints, tendons and discs
- Headaches and TMJ (temporomandibular) pain
- General deconditioning
- Soft tissue, mobility and increased sensitivity of the nervous system resulting from systemic illness or poor health
- Soft tissue, mobility and increased sensitivity of the nervous system resulting from prolonged poor lifestyle habits
Treatments may include:
- Hands-on treatment and exercise
- Individualized education regarding how pain works and management strategies
- Enhancing mental control through relaxation, visualization and mindfulness techniques
- Thoughtful implementation of guided exercises
- Implementation of ergonomic and alternative movement options
- Therapeutic modalities such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, TENS, heat, and ice
- Participation in gym or group exercise sessions
Your First Visit
For your first visit, please arrive 15 to 30 minutes early to complete the new patient paperwork. You may also download the intake paperwork and fill it out before you arrive. Please bring the filled out forms with you to your appointment or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment and Insurance Information
The level of service provided at Folsom Physical Therapy (FPT) cannot be delivered within the constraints of the insurance industry. While we are in-network providers for Medicare, FPT is out-of-network with all other insurance carriers.
Self pay clients pay at the time of service and FPT then provides them a superbill to submit to their HSA plan or insurance carrier for reimbursement. Some insurance carriers may require a doctor’s referral to qualify for reimbursement.
Our self pay rates are as follows:
- Initial evaluation: $195
- Initial evaluation with Michael Moore: $225
- Standard follow-up: $125
- Extended follow-up: $190
Request an Appointment
Please indicate your availability and preferred therapist, if any, and someone from our appointment desk will get back to you. If you would like to call to book your appointment, our number is (916) 355-8500.